Tuesday 17 September 2013

The Thornbirds and Treasure Island

Reading progress has been a little slow due to my tendency to fall asleep after two pages. However, I've now read The Thornbirds and Treasure Island.

Treasure Island first: I felt like I might have read this, but didn't remember any of the detail so perhaps I hadn't. I whipped through this and really enjoyed the pace of the narrative voice, and the general quality of the story.

The Thornbirds: I'd never heard of this but apparently it was a massive surprise bestseller. It's basically a romantic saga covering 3 generations in New Zealand and Australia. I wouldn't say it's the highest quality of literature but it is very readable, a well crafted story, and full of surprises and twists. I can see why it was so popular!

No comments:

Post a Comment