Saturday 10 April 2010

Lord of the Rings #2

Just a quick one to mark the finishing of the second book of 6 (1 of 3 in film terms!). As a mark of how much I'm actually enjoying this, I will be straight on with the next to find out what happens to Frodo and Sam as they stride off into the wilderness.

I was reading it last night as I watched one of the Harry Potter films (Goblet of Fire) which really hammered home the derivitiveness (that clearly isn't a word but you know what I mean) of HP - particularly the moment where Dumbledore used his Pensieve just as Frodo was introduced to the mirror of Galadriel.

I don't think LOTR will become one of my favourite books, but I am definitely withdrawing my previous comments about it being over-rated/geeky/just for children. Sorry, Tolkien. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment